The X8 Knee Brace is the most protective, comfortable brace on the market, utilizing innovative patent-pending technology which incorporates the CCRS (Continuous Cable Routing System) to form an unparalleled system of support and protection. The forged CNC machined dial makes fit adjustments on the fly and through pants easy. Fully lined with plush EVA foam, a comfortable, impact-absorbing surrounding is created. Includes one pair of braces and two extra sets of patellar shell pads for a precise fit.
- Innovative, patent-pending design is the future of knee brace technology, form and function
- Uses a Continuous Cable Routing System (CCRS) that externally reinforces all crucial ligaments of the knee
- Cable routes around the knee joint through the tendon back plate
- When extreme force is applied to the knee joint, the cable progressively tightens to provide support and prevent excessive rotation and bending
- CCRS also grips and squeezes the brace shells gripping the tibia and femur to provide additional support to prevent any additional excessive movement of the knee joint
- Brace outer shell is a lightweight PIM glass-filled nylon shell that conforms to the shape of the leg to provide natural freedom of movement without binding
- Design also prevents the brace from rotating or slipping out of position
- CCRS system features a locking, CNC forged 6061 T-6 aluminum dial for adjusting the tension of the cable
- Plush molded EVA foam and impact-absorbing rubber internal liner
- CNC forged 6061 T-6 aluminum hinge plates
- Overlapping patella area with CNC forged 6061 T-6 aluminum stops leaves no gap exposed, regardless of how far the knee is bent
- Hook-and-loop attachment straps with numbered pull tabs provide a proper custom fit and easy on/off of the brace
- Sold in pairs
Injection Molded Shells: 20% Glass Filled Nylon shells are designed to be flexible in places to allow the shells to conform to the users leg for better fit, comfort and stability, and designed to be rigid where necessary to resist excessive movement and provide impact resistance.
Forged Aluminum Parts: The Dial, Dial Fastener, Extension Stop, and Hinges are made of CNC Forged 6061 T-6 aluminum for maximum strength.
UHMWPE Cable: The cable is made with an Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Fiber. This material is being used in many advanced applications such as the aerospace industry and the military. It is the latest replacement material for Kevlar. It is known for its high tensile, bending and abrasion strength.
Tendon Back Plate: The Tendon Back Plate is uniquely designed to route the cable around the users leg in strategic locations to reinforce the main ligaments of the knee. The Tendon Back Plate is made from a special flexible Kraton material designed to grip the users leg and prevent migration.
Foam Padding: The Foam Padding is made from closed cell ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) foam. The EVA foam pads are designed to conform to the users unique leg shape providing maximum comfort and control while gripping the users leg and preventing migration. Closed cell EVA Foam won’t absorb moisture (sweat), so they are odorless and easy to clean.
Straps: The velcro straps are designed to be comfortable and fully adjustable. Thermo Plastic Rubber (TPR) Pull Tabs are durable to make the straps easy to use and are numbered to prompt the user to tighten the straps in the correct order to ensure proper fit.